remembering unique la

owthat title is kinda over the top, but i kind of feel romantic right now...
wow. its over. i can't believe it. we worked SO HARD. and poof. done. but i have so many great memories. like when we were told our uhaul cargo van would fit in the underground parking lot and i nearly got stuck and was so freaked out my legs were shaking! or my million trips up the elevator. the moment my ma and i got to setting up and the ideas were just rolling out so organically. the first day - so many sales! we barely had a moment to pee! the second day - less sales, but many new friends made! at one point a whole group of folks came pouring into the booth with cameras and giggling and it was like a bus full of tourists were dropped off into my booth!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

but the best part of the whole thing was all the support and love i got from my family and friends. they all came out to support terri planty.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

paul! your muscles are my bffs. my baby sister - always there to entertain, ready for the big move out and with a sense of humor! my boyfriend erick, forever by my side with all my wacky projects - he is a creative force and ultimate schleper! i treasure him.

my dad was a terrific sales man with his witty jokes and smart ideas (thanks for the magnifier lens and the canvas!). he took such good care of me, making sure i had a bite to eat, something to drink. my dad was the one who would keep me calm and cheer me on. it was really special. plus he was my eyes and told me about all the cool stuff around us that i dare not leave the booth to see (i know - control freak!)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

and my mother. oh man. she is the reason i am able to do this. i really should put her photo up on the about page. she helped me in every aspect of this entire event and beyond. she is truly the most wonderful mother. she has an incredible perspective and energy. when it was slow in the beginning on sunday (mother's day - yeah she was there ALL DAY!) - she kept my spirits up and made me laugh while brainstorming future projects. she is amazing.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

all in all the experience was excellent. i was proud of our booth. we designed it with a lot of love and passion. we wanted to transform that white cube into OUR club house. a place where magical little worlds under glass were over flowing.

it was such a pleasure to meet so many incredible folks of all walks of life (some of which follow the blog!)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

craft shows are about so much more than just selling things. it is about the community, the risk, the pressure, the fun, the excitement. it really teaches you to be in the moment and see things in a whole new way. suddenly you are on the spot, and its really a great high.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

12 comments:

  1. wow! is fantastic and love the rustic feel to your stall, really works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that booth was beautiful!!!! I'm very, very sorry to have missed the show. But, see you sunday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful to hear about this great time & experience of your show! Thanks for sharing this pictures & impressions with us too far away to be able to visit your stall! Btw I love the idea of seed bombs - just great! Have a wonderful day, Bianca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful, beautiful, crazy cool! You did such a great job! So creative! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fabulous set up. amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much! that means a whole lot to me. it was a lot of work. but so worth it! thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything at your booth looks amazing - love your set up. I particularly love that both your parents were involved, that is so cool! So happy you had some great sales too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl. it's amazing. seriously. nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bianca! i can't believe i never found your blog before today (via esb, one of my guilty pleasure daily reads). i met you at uniqueLA - i was the spaz who tried to delicately ask you if i was killing my airplant (I referred to him as a "he" and admitted that I named him Arnold).

    anyway - your booth was so gorgeous, but I see I rushed out too soon - looking at these photos I wish I had stayed to explore more! great job, and how awesome that your family and friends truly have your back.

    hope to see you at your next sale. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for all the super sweet words. it was so much fun to get to do this event and share it with you! the love and feedback is really appreciated!

    @ML so happy you found my blog! i totally remember you and our conversation! you are as lovely lady! i hope to see you around some more too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I put a smile on my face when I saw your post. It was very charming and adorable. The stuffs were very cute. I love it. Thank you for sharing.




    condominium Philippines

    ReplyDelete